|Paul Lloyd||+852 2832 6160|
|Yan Guo||+852 2832 1878|
|Feon Lee||+852 2832 4704|
|Joel Lieginger||+852 2832 4703|
|Stephen Thomas||+852 2832 6178|
|Emerald Ng||+852 2832 4720|
As for all quarterly new business highlights announcements, there will not be a conference call for media or investors and your usual contact will be available to answer queries.
- AIA’s first fiscal quarter of 2016 ended on 29 February 2016.
- All figures are presented in actual reporting currency (US dollar). Change is shown on a year-on-year basis and based on constant exchange rates (CER) unless otherwise stated. Change based on constant exchange rates is calculated using constant average exchange rates for 2016 and 2015.
- Economic assumptions are the same as those shown as at 30 November 2015 in Section 5.2 of the Supplementary Embedded Value Information in our 2015 annual results preliminary announcement published on 25 February 2016. Non-economic assumptions used are based on those at 30 November 2015 updated to reflect the latest experience observed.
- VONB is calculated based on assumptions applicable at the point of sale and before deducting the amount attributable to non-controlling interests. The amounts of VONB attributable to non-controlling interests in the three months ended 29 February 2016 and in the three months ended 28 February 2015 were US$4 million and US$4 million respectively.
- VONB includes pension business. ANP and VONB margin exclude pension business.
- ANP represents 100 per cent of annualised first year premiums and 10 per cent of single premiums, before reinsurance ceded and excluding pension business.
- TWPI consists of 100 per cent of renewal premiums, 100 per cent of first year premiums and 10 per cent of single premiums, before reinsurance ceded.
This document contains forward-looking statements relating to AIA Group Limited that are based on the beliefs of the Group’s management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Group’s management. These forward-looking statements are, by their nature, subject to significant risks and uncertainties. When used in this document, the words “will”, “future” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. You are strongly cautioned that reliance on any forward-looking statements involves known and unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results and events may differ materially from information contained in the forward-looking statements.
This document is for information purposes only and does not constitute an invitation or offer by any person to acquire, purchase or subscribe for securities. This document is not, and is not intended to be, an offer of securities for sale in the United States. The securities of AIA Group Limited have not been, and will not be, registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “U.S. Securities Act”) and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements under the U.S. Securities Act. There is not, and is not intended to be, any public offering of such securities in the United States.